An observational study of the social and solitary behaviors of three pairs of Bali
mynahs (Leucopsar rothschildi) at two breeding facilities in Bali,
I would like to extend special thanks
to all of the following for their contributions to the successful completion
of this thesis:
- Dr. Gail W. Hearn, for all of her guidance and patience
- Drh. Bayu Wirayudha, for sharing with me some of his
wealth of knowledge about Bali mynahs, among other things, all of his
assistance at Begawan Giri, his rides back to Argasoka, and more...
- The Begawan Giri Estate, for allowing me to conduct some
of my research there
- Wawan and the Bali Bird Park, for allowing
me to observe there, all of the help and information provided, and for
the VCD of the nest-box
- Drh. Agus Ngurah Kirsna, for sharing with me what he
knew of the Bali mynahs at the TNBB, and his helpful tour of the breeding
- All of my friends and family, for their
patience and support for all of my adventures and my crazy schedule
Ngurah Kirsna K., Agus. Bali Starling Curator at Taman
Nasional Bali Barat. Conversations, June 2002.
Wawan. Curator of the Bali
Bird Park. Conversations and Correspondence, June 2002.
Wirayudha, I Gede Nyoman Bayu. Zoological consultant and Director of the Environmental Division
at the Begawan Giri Estate. Conversations and Correspondence, May 2002
- present. Wirayudha, I Gede Nyoman Bayu. Bali's Star Babies Cry for Recovery.
BALI AND BEYOND MAGAZINE, 2000.